It is easy to think of water damage after events like natural disasters and fires. The truth is that there are far more common causes of water damage. No matter where the water damage comes from it can be very devastating for the homeowner. The good thing is that Superior Cleaning Solutions is quite familiar with all of these causes and is ready to help you restore your home.
Most Common Causes of Water Damage
- Weather. Most houses are built to withstand average weather. The problem occurs when the weather is anything but average. It is when there is excess rain or snow that flooding occurs and causes severe water damage. Homeowners even in temperate climates need to be prepared for severe weather.
- Appliances. Appliances such as water heater, refrigerators, and washing machines are probably going to leak at some time. These leaks usually start slowly and grow in severity over time until there is a significant flood.
- Basements. Water damage in basements can be a much slower process. Water damage starts when moisture from the foundation of the house drips down to the floor of the basement. Moisture on the colder basement floor and walls leads to humidity and condensation during the warmer months. All that moisture build-up ultimately leads to sneaky water damage.
- Plumbing. Plumbing may seem like the most obvious source of water damage but it can also be the trickiest to find. Pipes in the walls can be leaking for quite a while before the homeowners are even aware of the problem, potentially causing extensive damage.
- HVAC. Air Conditioning units are their own category of appliances. HVAC systems require yearly maintenance to keep them in their best condition or you risk poor performance and accumulation of moisture. This moisture can then lead to mold and other water-borne bacteria.
Superior Cleaning Water Restoration Services
At Superior Cleaning Solutions, we’ve been in the water restoration business for over twenty years. We are family-owned/operated and we know how important your family home is to you. We have the skills and equipment to make sure your home is properly restored. For all your water restoration needs, contact us!